Medical Tourism Information
Dentures are supported by the health insurance if they appear on the list of reimbursable procedures and services and are reimbursed 70% based on so-called liability rates, often below their real cost.
Unlike the consultations and dental care, dentures rate is free. Note, however, that the dentist or doctor oral surgeon is required to fix his fees "with tact and moderation" and you inform in advance through a written estimate.
Fees and reimbursements of dental prostheses: some examples
|Amount repaid (1)|
|Crown (2)||fee free||107,50 €||70%||75,25 €|
|Inlay-core||fee free||122,55 €||70%||85,78 €|
|Inlay-core wedge||fee free||144,05 €||70%||100,83 €|
[1 3 to teeth]
|fee free||64,50 €||70%||45,15 €|
|fee free||182,50 €||70%||127,75 €|
|Bridge elements [+ 2 1 abutment teeth intermediate element to replace a missing tooth] (3)||
(1) The amount reimbursed by health insurance does not account for the flat fee of € 1 eventually retained if the denture care is achieved by an oral physician.
Remember that the flat fee of € 1 does not apply to consultations, treatment and care performed by a dentist.
(2) If the award conditions are met: the pillars to be decayed teeth and the crown must include a metal base (all-metal crown, metal ceramic crowns, etc.).
(3) If the award conditions are met: the abutment teeth must be dilapidated.
A written estimate and detailed
Unlike consultations and dental care, dentures rate is free. However, your dentist or doctor oral surgeon is required to fix his fees "with tact and moderation" and to notify you in advance using a quote you sign possibly for acceptance.
This estimate must be in writing and include in particular:
- accurate and detailed description of the proposed treatment and / or materials used;
- the amount of the fees corresponding to the treatment;
- the amount reimbursed by Health Insurance.
To note :
The difference between the amount of fees paid and the amount reimbursed by the National Health Insurance may possibly be supported by your supplemental health if the contract that you signed provides. Check with her.
- Written by kelclinic
- Published: 8 June 2014
- Last Updated: 13 February 2017